I am the FoodE at Highland Park and I really love R&R Cultivation's mushrooms! I expanded on your Wild Mushrooms and Wild Rice recipe to make this incredible, creamy chicken, wild rice and mushroom soup. Enjoy!
- 4 cups Full Circle organic chicken stock
- 3 Bell and Evans chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 12 ounce Mirepoix mix (carrots, celery and onions)
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1 pound R&R Cultivation mushrooms (assorted)
- 1 40-ounce can Canoe cooked wild rice (rinsed and drained)
- 4-ounce package Chopped Pecans (toasted)
- To Taste Livia’s seasoning
- 2 cups Half and Half
In a large soup pot, poach the chicken breasts in 4 cups chicken stock until done. (About 20 minutes.) Remove chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces and return to chicken stock. In large sauté pan, sauté mirepoix in 1 tablespoon ghee until tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour. Remove mirepoix and put into chicken stock. Wipe off mushrooms with damp paper towel, tear into bite-sized pieces and sauté in sauté pan with 1 tablespoon ghee until nicely browned and caramel color. Add rinsed and drained wild rice and toasted pecans and season very well with Livia’s seasoning to taste. Stir to combine, cook 5 minutes to meld and add to chicken broth mixture. Add in 2 cups half and half. Adjust seasoning. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
Cheri Charland, FoodE- Highland Park
Based on original Recipe by Olivia at Liv In The Kitchen.