This recipe is courtesy of our friend Olivia over at IG: @liv_3kurtz
Are you looking for a quick, easy recipe to add to your repertoire? This incredibly simple recipe for roasted gourmet mushrooms with caramelized onions is absolutely divine. Impress your friends and family with this gorgeous, oven-roasted delight!
Roasted Mushroom Medley with Caramelized Onions
Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer
- 2# mix of R&R Cultivation mushrooms (such as shiitake, brown beech, chestnut and oyster) torn into varying bite-size pieces with tough stems removed
- 6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 small sweet onions, cut in half through the root end and thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 tbsp. tarragon white balsamic (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tbsp. champagne balsamic (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley and microgreens for garnishing
- Crackers or toasted bread for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450° and add your mix of torn mushrooms to a large sheet pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tsp. of salt and cracked black pepper. Toss to combine and set aside until the oven beeps.
- Place a medium skillet or stock pot over medium heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Once hot, add your sliced onions and season with 1/2 tsp. of salt and cracked black pepper. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon until they are soft and caramelized, anywhere from 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once your oven reaches temperature, roast your mushrooms while the onions caramelize, which should take around 25 to 30 minutes. Halfway through, rotate the pan and give the mushrooms a mix to release extra steam. You want them to get nice and golden.
- Once the onions have finished cooking, add them to a bowl along with your roasted mushrooms. Add your 3 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and stir to fully incorporate. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to absorb some of the liquid and to develop a tangy flavor.
- Chop your parsley and prepare your microgreens.
- Serve roasted mushrooms, topped with parsley and microgreens, with crackers or bread while warm or at room temperature. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 4 days. Enjoy!