This original recipe is courtesy of our friend Asia Strom (@meatlessmamabear).
These chocolate chaga banana pancakes are perfect for a lazy weekend morning. They are so easy and fast to put together with only 8 ingredients! Chaga is the perfect ingredient when it comes to kicking back and relaxing and enjoying your morning with your loved ones. Not only does chaga help your body to relax and destress, but it also helps support your immune system, fights cancer and slows the aging process! I have tried this recipe many different ways and substituting the chocolate chips with blueberries is also amazing! I go back and forth quite frequently between the two. So if chocolate is not your thing, I have you covered.
You can also add chaga to your morning cup of coffee just add a teaspoon to your coffee grounds and brew as usual. These pancakes also freeze beautifully. I usually place them in a zip lock bag with a small piece of parchment paper lined between each pancake. When I want a quick breakfast, I just place it in the microwave for 1 minute and they are good to go. Alternatively, you can put them in the toaster if you prefer them to have a slight crunch. Both ways are yummy! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and try it out for yourself!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Temperature: Griddle 375°/ Frying Pan Medium-High Heat
Yields: 6 Pancakes
- 1 Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 Ripe Banana (Extra for Serving)
- 1 Cup Soy Milk or Any Plant-Based Milk
- 2 Tbsp Chaga
- 1 Tbsp of Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips or ⅓ Cup Fresh/Frozen Blueberries (Extra for Serving)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (Optional) To taste more like buttermilk pancakes
- Place the banana, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium size mixing bowl and mash ingredients until smooth.
- Pour in the milk and vinegar and whisk until evenly combined.
- Add in the flour and chaga and mix until it comes together.
- Fold in chocolate chips or blueberries.
- Use a ⅓ measuring cup to scoop the batter onto your hot griddle or pan. If you are using a frying pan, use a bit of oil to prevent sticking. This should give you 6 equal sized pancakes with 1 serving of chaga per pancake.
- When the pancakes form bubbles all over and start to pop it is time to flip! This should take about 2 minutes.
- Let cook for about 2 more minutes on the other side and place on a plate.
- Serve them up with sliced banana, plant-based butter, extra chocolate and maple syrup. Fresh Berries would also be super delicious! Enjoy!