This original recipe is courtesy of our friend Asia Strom (@meatlessmamabear).
Craving some extra spice for Sunday morning brunch? This south-western scramble with Chestnut mushrooms will certainly hit the spot! Chestnut mushrooms from R&R Cultivation are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Health benefits include anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-tumor properties and may even slow the progression of osteoporosis. Pick up or order some of these delicious mushrooms today!
I've never been much on the sweet side when it comes to breakfast food. I am and forever will be the savory breakfast type. I do believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day and this breakfast scramble is just that! It is packed full of nutrition and protein enough to fuel whatever your day may bring. Top it all off with your favorite salsa, hot sauce and sour cream. Avocado or fresh greens go great with this dish as well! I love to eat it with corn tortillas and cashew sour cream. Tacos are by far my favorite food. I could eat them for every meal and be forever happy! If you don't have Kala Namak black salt, regular salt will work just fine. Kala Namak salt just adds an eggy flavor for those people trying to cut eggs out of their diet. Try this south-western scramble for yourself, your tummy will thank you.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Block Firm Tofu
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 4 oz Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Corn on the Cob
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 2 Limes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tsp Kala Namak (Black Salt)
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tsp Coriander
- Drain all the water out of your block of tofu. Wash, dry and slice your mushrooms. Drain and rinse a can of black beans. Slice the corn off of the corn cob. Peel and mince the garlic cloves. Wash, dry and roughly chop the cilantro, discarding the thick stems.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan on medium high heat. When the oil is hot crumble the block of tofu into the pan with your hands. You can also break up the tofu with a wooden spoon. Let some of the water cook off for a min or two.
- Add in the garlic, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, kala namak, chili powder, cumin, turmeric, paprika, pepper and Coriander. Stir until combined.
- Add in the mushrooms, black beans and corn. Stir occasionally until cooked through, about 5-7 min. Then remove from heat. Squeeze in the juice of a lime and stir. Top with the fresh cilantro
- Heat up your tortillas. You can microwave them wrapped up in a paper towel or you can fry them in a pan.
- You can eat it with a fork or you can eat them taco style with your favorite salsa. Slice the lime in a few wedges and serve.